- British Columbia
- North:Northern Quebec-Inuit
- North:Northwest Territories
- North:Yukon Territory
- Atlantic:New Brunswick
- Atlantic:Nova Scotia
- Atlantic:Prince Edward Island
- 1999 2000
- 2000 2001
- 2001 2002
- 2002 2003
- 2003 2004
- 2004 2005
- 2005 2006
- 2006 2007
- 2007 2008
- 2008 2009
- 2009 2010
- 2010 2011
- 2011 2012
Sandy Lake First Nation
Grant ID: 4274.02
theme reflects and honors our cultural heritage within a clan family
system that is fundamental to our communities and will provide the
roots for our children into their familial and cultural heritage, also
known as a place for healing. Our project will be part of a more
comprehensive effort to address the legacy of Residential Schools and
its intergenerational impacts by:
Identifying healthy Survivors from the community of Sandy Lake who are
qualified to function in governance, administrative and counselling
2. Providing training and support to the wellness workers who will provide the counselling and assistance to their membership to address the legacy of Residential Schools and inter generational impacts.
3. Working with Mental health and Addictions staff who will assist in providing treatment and counselling to their membership to address the legacy of Residential Schools and inter generational impacts.
4. Developing knowledge building in terms of reclaiming healing strategies.
5. Providing training and awareness to the community on historical impacts and the components to the healing model.
6. Delivering Prevention, Awareness and Implementation of healing services as identified by Survivors.
March 31, 2010
Mr. Wayne Kakepetum
Sandy Lake, ON P0V 1V0